Thursday, February 21, 2019

Tasting - Vigna Lenuzza Friuli Colli Orientali Refosco 2011

Photo taken from Moodle
Name: Vigna Lenuzza
Variety: Refosco Dal Peduncolo Rosso
Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $5.95, Regular Price $15 Sale

Winery Review: Classic varietal notes of wild herbs, roasted coffee beans, leather and spices deep ruby hues while on the palate sweet spiced notes of cinnamon and cardamom, held together with lively acidity and graceful tannins.

My Review: This wine was earthy and pretty heavy. I could pick up on hints of cinnamon, cherry and could definitely taste the tannins as it made my mouth dry/puckery during the finish. Although I will admit that the acidity balanced this wine out, especially with the finish.

With/without food: I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment