Friday, February 1, 2019

Tasting - Santa Julia Torrontes 2018

Name: Santa Julia
Variety: Torrontes
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2018
Price: $9.99

Winery Review: Argentina's signature white grape, Torrontes, produces a dry, floral and aromatic wine with a spic and refreshing finish. Serve chilled to pair with fish dishes, chicken and salads.

My Review: This wine was definitely interesting. My initial thoughts were that it was sour, peachy, floral, and extremely aromatic with a sour and spicy finish. Due to the fact that I was tasting this wine while having a chicken sausage & zucchini flatbread (with spice and seasoning to it), the further I got into the meal, the spicier the wine got. Next time I would like to try this wine either by itself or with foods that don't have much of a kick to it.

With/without food: I tasted this with a chicken sausage & zucchini flatbread pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment