Friday, February 8, 2019

Tasting - Eikeboom Pinotage 2015

Name: Eikeboom Pinotage
Variety: Pinotage
Region: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Year: 2015
Price: $6.95, Regular Price $17 Sale

Winery Review: Pleasant notes of baked plum and black-cherry compote present an enticing bouquet to this wine. The palate is sharper and leaner in feel, with tart and slightly bitter fruit-skin flavors that finish clean but quick. Drink now. - Wine Enthusiast, 85 pts

My Review: It was smoky and I could smell/taste black currant, prune & plum with hints of oak. It was also very pungent and I would consider it not too light of a wine, but the strong, bitter after taste only lasted for about 3 seconds. Surprisingly better than I thought it would be!

With/without food: I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment