Sunday, February 3, 2019

Tasting - Childress Vineyards Muscadine White

Name: Childress Muscadine Sweet White Wine
Variety: Muscadine, 85% Carlos + 15% Triumph
Region: North Carolina
Country: USA
Year: 2008
Price: $9.99

Winery Review: Traditional southern Muscadine grapes create this sweet white wine packed with berry aromas and jam accents. It's flavorful with a homemade taste that proves to be fruity, refreshing and fun.

My Review: This wine was quite enjoyable; it was sweet (but not in an overwhelming way), aromatic, and I could pick up on hints of berries & peach. It tasted almost like grape juice and was very refreshing. I would really like to try this next with a dish or have a glass of it on a warm, summer day. I also surprisingly learned that muscadine has healthier antioxidants than Pinot Noir!

With/without food: I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment