Sunday, January 27, 2019

Tasting - Kenwood Russian River Pinot Noir

Name: Russian River Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Sonoma County, California
Country: USA
Year: 2015
Price: $33

Winery Review: "Medium color. Aromas of raspberry, sour cherry, plum, and violet with a crisp, dry medium-to-full body and an appealing, medium-long, sour watermelon candy, and black tea finish with well-integrated tannins and a suggestion of oak flavor. A rich, full-bodied, lingering Pinot Noir." - Tastings, 88 pts


My Review: Not too bad, extremely full and heavy in taste. I could taste dark/red berries (quite surprisingly fruity), tart, and it was acidic. It wasn't one of my favorites at the tasting, but I was surprised that I enjoyed the after taste more so than drinking it.

With/without food: I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment