Sunday, January 27, 2019

Tasting - Daniel Chotard Sancerre Rose

Name: Daniel Chotard Sancerre Rose
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Sancerre
Country: France
Year: 2017
Price: $33

Winery Review: "Open and exuberant on the nose with lashings of strawberries and cream, it is all creamy red berries on the palate, with a hint of Pinot Noir spice and a fresh, clean finish. The wine is quite concentrated and rich this year because of the small Pinot Noir harvest, but it still possesses an impressive freshness and precision.

My Review: I really enjoyed this wine and thought it was refreshing and fruity. I could pick up on hints of strawberry, and it was aromatic. Very light and was extremely good on its own. Would definitely have this again, and I would definitely try to pair this with food next.

With/without food: I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment