Sunday, March 17, 2019

Tasting - Torciano Vin Beato Liquoroso

Name: Torciano Vin Beato Liquoroso
Variety: Catarratto, Inzolia and Grillo
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: N/A
Price: $36.00

Winery Review: Made with Catarratto, Inzolia and Grillo grapes. Liquer wine obtained from the off-skins fermentation of aged wines. With a deep orange color. The fragrance and perfumes are particularly enhanced. An excellent dessert wine, especially suitable with all types of sweets and biscuits. Exceptional with Tuscan "canticcini", chocolate filled biscuits and cream cakes.

My Review: Creamy, oaky, buttery and hints of honey and vanilla. Also light notes of fruits like apples, pears and apricots. Sweet but not overwhelmingly sweet, with a crisp after taste. I first tried this wine in Tuscany, Italy before my study abroad program started and I was just reminded of how much I loved this dessert wine which was served with biscotti. Absolutely love this wine.

With/without food: I tasted this on its own without food.

2 comments: